Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunny afternoon on the Island

My Backyard

It is a sunny afternoon on the island.  I thought it would be nice to post some pictures of the wonderful wild life that walks through the backyard everyday.

Bambi




With a face like this, what's not to love!






The mother and her baby visit us everyday.  The fawn is full of vim and vigor. Lots of play and curiosity, like most young animals are like.  It is wonderful to see such playfulness and joy these animals can bring.  With not a care in the world, watching from the deck not worried about our presence at all. 


With mom keeping a close eye on us, but not too worried.


Mom chewing on an Arbutus leaf.

 


Well, I just had to add these lovely twins that showed up for the barbecue on Father's Day.  
It looks like fawn heaven in the backyard.

 

 
I hope you enjoyed this little visit to my backyard, and that these adorable animals put a smile on your face.


I know this has nothing to do with design, but just couldn't resist the happiness it brings.

2 comments: